We have several active clubs meeting in Ellis County. To learn more or find out how you can become involved, contact the Ellis County Extension office at (972) 825-5175.
Texas has more than 550,000 youth who are involved in 4-H experiences each year and we are pleased that you have decided to join 4-H for the 2015-2016 year! If you are new to 4-H, here is some information about our enrollment process and how we need your partnership in getting your membership entered and active!
Each year on August 15th all membership in Texas 4-H goes to inactive and all youth members a adult volunteers must re-enroll. Youth members are required to pay a $20.00 participation fee if enrolled by October 31st, and a $25.00 fee from November 1st to the completion of the 4-H year. Adults pay a $5.00 volunteer applicant fee. Adults and youth will need to enroll on 4HConnect and be active to be considered an official member of Texas 4-H. An active enrollment is required in order to register and participate in all 4-H activities and events.
Click Here for the Texas 4-H Clover Guide
4-H Online is …
- The official Texas 4-H Youth Development Program database for enrolled 4-H members and volunteers.
- A secured database that is in compliance with the PCI Security Standards Council. The Texas 4-H Youth Development Program and the 4H Online company work closely to monitor and ensure the highest level of protection for information stored on the system. Texas 4-H, nor 4H Online, does not share or sell any personal information to third party vendors without your knowledge or permission.
- Based on “zero-based enrollment.” This means that each year at the start of the enrollment cycle membership in Texas 4-H goes to zero and everyone must re-enroll. This process is based on federal accounting
- A partnership between the 4-H family and the county Extension Office. We encourage all 4-H families to become familiar with 4-H Online in order to prevent “meltdowns” at crucial times of enrollment, animal validation or registration! Please work with the county Extension Office for any questions or problems you maybe experiencing with the
- NOT a database for counties/clubs/families to enter family members (i.e. siblings, grandparents, etc) that are not directly involved as a 4-H member or volunteer
Did You Know?
- Most questions can be answered by calling your county extension office (972-825-5175)
- You are not a member or a volunteer of Texas 4-H until you have an ACTIVE status listed on your profile in 4-H Online
- 4-H members CANNOT register for an event/contest until the member profile is ACTIVE
- Adult Volunteers are required to be screened through the Texas 4-H Youth Protection Standards program every three years
- The Texas 4-H Foundation does not accept any personal checks for participation fees, animal validations or events
- A youth that is 8 years old and going into the 3rd grade must wait until September 1st to enroll for proper fees to be accessed in the system
Click the link below to learn how to set up your enrollment information on 4-H Online.
Managing your 4-H Online Information:
Click Here to access the Ellis County 4-H Family Handbook
This handbook will serve as a great tool to help you navigate the waters of Ellis County 4-H. Please take a look. Printed copies are available in the County Extension Office.
Do you have a 6-7 year old and in the kindergarten? They can become a Clover Kid at no cost!
Click Here to access the Ellis County Clover Kids Parents Guide