Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is a strategy used to manage insect pests in the landscape by using economically and environmentally sustainable practices.
Key Steps in IPM
- Scout and monitor for pests and damage
- Accurate pest identification
- Recognize and diagnose plant damage
- Determine an action threshold
- Apply appropriate IPM practices
- Evaluate the success of your program and make needed adjustments to prevent pest problems
Blacklands IPM Update | May 2020
Click on the link or button below to access the latest Blackland IPM newsletter from Tyler Mayes, IPM Agent in Hill County.
To learn about the history of IPM, click on the book image below.
Rachel Carson’s Silent Spring alerted the public to the problems with pesticides.