Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service offers a wide variety of online child care training courses to support your continuing education and early childhood professional development needs, whether you work with young children in a preschool, Head Start, or other early care and education setting. Click on the Child Care image to review the available courses.
The Texas Health and Human Services Commission has enacted new emergency rules (PDF) related to health and safety standards for child day care operations. These emergency rules include many of guidelines from the Open Texas Child Care Checklist (PDF).
The emergency rules require you to operate in accordance with the Guidance for Child Care Programs that Remain Open released by the Centers of Disease Control in addition to other requirements. CLICK HERE to read about the requirements and other important information pertinent to child care providers.
Free virtual class!
Eating Well for Healthy Living
Child Care Providers: Receive 2 clock hours for program completion
Join us to learn ways to meal plan, save money at the grocery store, and best practices for storing your food to make it last longer. These online sessions can be completed at your convenience and are currently available online.
Register now at AgriLifeLearn.tamu.edu
1) Visit AgriLifeLearn.tamu.edu
2) Click on the Sign In button in the upper right-hand corner
3) If you’ve previously enrolled in a course on AgriLife Learn – log in using your credentials. Otherwise, click Register under Are you A New Learner?
5) After you are logged in, click the Family and Health category
6) Select More Info under Eating Well for Healthy Living
7) Click Enroll Now
8) Click Proceed, and proceed through checkout (you will not be asked for any payment information unless you add a course with a fee).
9) Once you have completed checkout, a link will be provided for course access. The course will also be listed under My Account in the My Courses section for access at a later time.